Monday, February 13, 2012

transfers - new companion - a taste of home!

Transfers were on the 7th.  Spence has kind of been up in the air since his companion as going home and it was time for him to transfer. 

"Thursday we went to district meeting in Meadville.  So, I was having a personal interview with Pres Topham and he says - "well, how would you feel about training a new missionary???"    Of course I said it would be awesome!  I'm a little nervous to train because I still feel so new but I'm super excited!  It will be very tough but I know I will learn so much too! 

So, my new companion is Elder Daniels.  He is the the 7th  missionary in his family, pretty strong family!  I am excited to train!  I'm also excited, because when you come out of the MTC you want to be perfect, which will be awesome!  This last weekend it snowed nonstop!  It is so beautiful here!  But, on Sunday there was no joke 25 - 30 people at church total!  What a first week for Elder Daniels!  hahaha!!!"

One of the members there (Nicole) was going to have Spence and Elder Daniels over for dinner as a welcome to Elder Daneils.  She e-mailed and asked one of Spencer's favorite foods.  Spence loves "Hawaiian Haystacks" so she fixed it for them for dinner.  How sweet was that?  Thank goodness for supportive members in the ward that watch out for our missionaries!!!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete